Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Saturday, July 29, 2006

TGIF

Actually I was suppose to post yesterday after dinner. But I was so tired and this com's speed that I am using is supersonic. Thus I was so annoyed and decided to wait till I was in a better mood to post. Yesterday was Friday(duh!). School was pretty hectic as I had HAP quiz. I hope hope hope I manage to scrap through. Anyway, there was so much lecture yesterday that my butt practically 'cho qin'(pls dun mind my hanyu pinyin). BUTT CRAMP! lol! So painful la. When I stood up to walk, boy did my arse hurt. Anyway, it was dinner that really saved me. After school I went to meet 'ter for dinner. We were suppose to eat at Thai Express but it was not open so we went to Cafe Cartel instead. The service wasn't what I had expected. To be really honest. It was terrible. There were a few waiters and waitress there, but they dun refill you water when it is needed to. There was this waitress who came to take our order when we 'called' her. She asked us if we wanted anything else and we said no. Then she asked if we wanted desserts and we said no. And she made this sound like she was annoyed. 'ter asked her why and she said they were trying to promote their desserts. That was the most terrible mistake a waitress can do. Anyway, this is what I had - Cartel's Panfried Pasta with special sauce.

The first bite was absolutely scrumptious. The spiciness was okay. The egg white gave a soft texture. The various types of capsicum adds colour to the dish and the pasta was soft yet firm. However, after a few mouth full, the spiciness became more intense. Although I love chilli but I can only take a limited amount of spiciness. Overall, I give this dish 3 and 1/2 stars(out of 5). This is what 'ter had - Grilled Dory Fish. Looks much more delicious than mine(mine is more ex)

I didn't try the fish but going by looks, I think it was quite fresh. The fish looks nicely done. Soft and a little flaky but moist. The potato waffles taste absolutely marvelous. The batter that they used was simply fabulous. It wasn't very greasy and the The original potato taste was retained. Also, I think it had a tinged of chilli. It tasted some what similar like Long John fries just that this had that certain 'oomph' that I can't describe. Over all, I will give this dish 4 stars(out of 5).

Anyway, so after dinner, we took a walk to Cold Storage to stall time before heading down to the oh so delicious Cheesecake Cafe. When we finally arrived there, we were quite shocked as there were so many people there. It goes to show that it is a really good cafe. Anyway, I ordered TIRAMISU. As u can see from the picture below, it looks simply gorgeous!

When I took my first mouth full, I felt that I was in heaven. The cake was light yet creamy. The coffee flavour just melt right on the tongue as the flavour swirled around my mouth. It was simply divine. The chocolate powder on the top of the cake totally complemented the cake. It didn't fall everywhere. I will give it 4 stars(out of five).

Anyway, this is all I had for my dinner yesterday. I got to go for now. Going to grocery shopping with my mommy. Going to buy ingredients for the fabulous dinner that I will whipped up tml. Did I mention that my parents will be going to Malaysia to eat durian. INDEPENDENCE!

No comments: