Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Osaka!

Hey you guys!! Well, I was actually suppose to like upload this 'one million' years a go but due to TOO many photos, it was on hold. So here are the pictures with some description and what I was doing. ENJOY!!

I was at Changi Airport and going to have my dinner. Wanted to go Fish & Co. But then I thought maybe a little oriental cuisine should be fine. So my parents and I went to Crystal Jade to have our meal.

As you can see at the picture below, it is a seafood claypot(S$17+). The seafood was really fresh and succulent. The prawns were 'Q' yet firm. The fish slowly disintegrated in my mouth. The sauce was smooth but HOT (steaming...Eh...Sounds wrong). But this dish is really yummy. Especially when you go with rice. 4/5 stars.


The picture below is fried beef kway teow(S$17+). not the kway teow that is famous in Hill Street but the kind of kway teow that you can buy from the Zhi Cha store. But of cause as this is Crystal Jade, the quality is a little better than the Zhi Cha store. Not very oily but was a little too greasy for me. I can't remember the detailed ingredients but I guaranteed it taste good. 4/5stars.

I think we had one more dish but I didn't take it cause the lady served it in bowl I think. Anyway, the The picture at the bottom is the dessert, which I ordered! - Gui Ling Gao(S$5+)


It is not extremely delicious. The sweet liquid (not sure honey or sugar syrup for Gui Ling Gao kind) was sweet but not artificially sweet and it compliments well with the Gui Ling Gao. Unlike some syrups or honey it taste weird when it goes with the jelly. 3.5/5stars.

The next dessert is - Mango Pudding!(S$5+)

This mango pudding is sweet and creamy! Plus, the added condense milk adds on to the creaminess. This dessert is oh so sinful! 4/5stars.

Okay, so after the great meal and everything, went in the boarding area and there were like so many things to shop! Bought a fragrance(DKNY Red Delicious, Men) plus, we spend above the amount and got another fragrance(DKNY Be Delicious, Men) - which by the way I got it. Totally love it! Anyway, made so many free phone calls that I forgot to check out the new area which has like internet and everything. Sighs, perhaps next year.

So I boarded the plane and then about 6 hours later, I reached Kansai International Airport.

Again, forgot to take pictures of the airport. Could be because I was too anxious to finish the itinerary so I sorta got some connection and immediately start doing. blah blah blah then we took the limousine bus to the hotel. The ride is an hour plus so this is what I wrote on the bus:

"Had a wonderful time on board the plane. However, sitting in a cramp area plus my legs aren't exactly short adds on to the already limited area I can move. I had a small snack or rather refreshment. It was a mango pie thingy (forgot what it was called but it is rectangle in shape). It tasted absolutely scrumptious. The mango goes really well with the sauce and it was kinda refreshing. I watched some movies till it was time for breakfast.

I had mushroom omelet, with sausage & hashbrown. The omelet taste quite unique. Chopped button mushrooms that were slighty saute and wrapped in an omelet. Too bad I forgot to take a snap. Lazy to take the camera from the top.

Anyway, we got our stuff and cleared immigration. I then found a spot where I access the internet. Tried to finish the itinerary however, I was kinda exhausted as I didn't sleep much on the plane.

Bought an expresso frappochino hopping to keep me awake. I chose venti instead of grande as I thought it will be more worth it but lo and behold, the drink cost me 600yen(S$8.40). and it didn't come with whipped cream as it will cost me another 60yen(S$0.85). Talk about day light robbery.

Anyway, as I'm writing this, I'm on board the Limousine bus which will arrive at the hotel in an hours time. Till then, I'll probably read a book or something."

The first stop after checking in to the hotel - Osaka castle.

Another angle of the castle.

Doesn't it look majestic?

Arh! My most favourite part - eating! Anyway, since I took so long to upload the pictures, I complete forgotten what to say just - Oiishi!

Mom had tempura set.

Daddy had fried rice.

And I had pork cutlet with curry.


After lunch, we went into the intertior of the castle and boy was it amazing. I won't bore you with the details. Enjoy the pictures!

Taken from above. Cool huh?

Gold figures engraved in certain parts of the castle.

This should be the second day. The picture below is the gate of a temple. This wasn't intend as I saw wrongly on the map. Oops. haha. Anyway, since we went all the way there, I decided a photo was in order.


After that, we went to Kobe's Chinatown(Nankinmachi). Compared to Yokohama's Chinatown, this was rather small. Picture of mom and dad.


I took this store as it was selling bubble tea or something.

I had no idea why the picture below was taken.


One of the 4 entrances.

Haishin. The Place where we had lunch.


As you can see, I already took a bite so it doesn't look so nice.


Dim Sum!

Below is the shop that sell sweets!!

Samisen!


Her singing is not bad!


Cigarettes in a vending machine?!

Cigarette vending machine next to the drink vending machine?!

Dinner - dumpling!


Noodle soup with bamboo shoots.

Xiao Long Bao! There were 3 but I too gan jeong!


The pavilion at the centre of the Chinatown.

Ice-cream, anyone?


Stone Lion guarding.


The next day, we went to Osaka KAIYUKAN Aquarium - The largest aquarium in the world. There is an entrance fee but I forgot how much it was. Anyway, this fabulous building houses almost a few thousand sea creatures.
The entrance of the aquarium.


Mummy and I.

Otters! Aren't they cute?

A pair of Mandrin Ducks.


A big lizard!


King Penguins.


Hey Nemo!


Dolphin 'standing'.


Giant pomfret-like fish with pouty lips.


Side view.


Whale Shark! It doesn't eat meat you know.


Giant spider crabs. Oiishi! lolz!


Sphagetti! I forgot how it taste like, which is why there is no description. Just one thing which is I saw them adding a packet of MSG to each plate of sphagetti.


Seafood sphagetti.


Mushroom sphagetti. As you can see, there isn't much 'liao' because as usual, I so GAN GEONG!


The next day, we went to a sake brewery museum. That is me and mommy.


Mommy and Daddy.


Me and all those huge vats of sake.


Rice gods.


Transporter of sake ingredients.


Rice polisher. I think.


I have no idea what this thing is for.


I forgot this too. Sorry!


This I know. Shoes!


Tools used.


Bathing tub?! lolz!


Another sort of transportation.


Pails, scoops, bags and other equipment.


Miniture ship that transport sake in the past.


Mommy and Daddy outside the malting room.


Inside the malting room.


From the miniture ship.


On the same day, we went to an area in Kobe that had an earthquake before.


Bowling?


Look at the difference in the ground level.


A little shrine outside a junction near a shopping mall.

The next day, we went to the Golden Pavillion. And guess what is the picture below. It is the entrance 'ticket' to the golden pavillion. What do you think it was? The special 'Fu' so in case you see those things and can be used it on them.


The Map of the area surrounding Golden Pavillion.


The Golden Pavillion.


Tempura udon.


Fried rice.


Entrance of Sliver Pavillion.


Empty sake barrels.


'Sacred Water' used for hand washing...and drinking?


I forgot what this is called? Oh God! I think I am suffering from memory lost.


Kyoto Tower Hotel.


Eating Tako Pachi in a shop in Kyoto.


Astro Boy!


Yosshinoya!


The station where the hotel was next to.

One of the back lanes.

Chicken cutlet.


The shop that sold cheese cake.


The temperature of the day.

Building near Takashimaya.

Cheese cake!

Daddy and I.


Giant Octopus!


Giant Crab!


Street gangsters?


U.S street.


Me queueing up to buy cheese cake on another day.

Well, that is all folks. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Not much to write. Actually, I had but cause it was already so long since I went and I didn't took down so... Anyway, will write a next one soon.

No comments: