Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Sunday, October 08, 2006

My birthday!!

Happy 17th Birthday to me. LOL. With this coming of age, I celebrate this day by going to town.
First stop was to the Shaw House Isetan. I bought a shirt from TOPMAN you see and I wanted to change my shirt(M) to a (L) as it is too short.
When I arrived, there was a HUGO BOSS sale going on. Up to 80%!! But due to foreseen and unforeseen circumstances, I did not look or buy any. Oh, back to the shirt. They didn't have any stock of the one I bought. After that, we were kinda hungry so we went to have lunch.
being the indecisive person that I am, I didn't know what to eat. But then I thought of authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice at Far East Plaza.



It really lived up to its name. The rice was soft yet not mushy. It has a nice fragrant. Taste just like how my grams cook it. The chicken was just right too. However, I think they gave my breast meat so it was kinda dry. The garnish looks a little old too. But over all, it taste quite traditional. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

Next, we went to Takashimaya. I was dying to get a new bag cause I was sick of my old bag(more than 5 years). In the end, I got a Puma bag. So sorry people, no picture. After that we proceeded to PARAGON where I actually intended to watch the fashion show. I badly wanted the invites but even without it we managed to catch a glimpse.

The title of the fashion show.


This is not the beginning of the show.



Love the clothes. Too bad it is autumn/winter wear. Not practical in Singapore.

The dress is fabulously made. Love the 'bare back'.

Very English.

Love the model on the right. She was so professional.

After all that glitzy fashion, we headed down to Cityhall. We felt a little hungry again and made our way to Marche to have a little snack cum dessert. this was what I had. Mushroom quiche (pronounced as kee-ish). I took a little bite before this picture was taken. As always.

The quiche was eggy as it should be but not too eggy. Mushroom was lightly sauté. Not too oily. The mushroom taste was not over-whelmed by the egg. They both complement each other. However, it is a little pricy($6.80). 4/5 stars.

Our drink. Calamansi with sour plum.

This fantastic sour-ish drink cost $3 but all the guy did was squeeze three lime, added a sour plum followed by a drizzle of sugar syrup and some ice and water. But it taste great. Did I mention it was sour? This is not for the faint hearted. 3.5/5 stars.

This was what 'ter had. Strawberry tart ($4.80).

The filling was custard. It was creamy as it should be but a little too sweet for my liking. The strawberry tasted sweet but not artificially flavored. The tart base was just right. Not to crumbly and not too hard. 4/5 stars.

Roesti and jumbo cheese sausage. ($13.50)

We were actually tempted by the pork knuckle(no offence to Muslims) but then we settle for this(picture above) as pork knuckle was a little too pricy(half for $18.90 and whole for $36.90). roesti is actually shredded potato but I think they added other seasonings as well. On top of that, there was sour cream. Personally, it tasted normal just that I dun usually add sour cream to potato. But with added chili sauce it taste a little better. The jumbo sausage was grilled to perfection. As the sausage was sliced, the cheese was melted as it oozes out. Creamy yet not over-whelming. Goes really well with the meat. Overall, it tasted just about how I thought it would. 3.5/5 stars.

Anyway, that's all for now. Will post on my coming trip soon. Cheers!

No comments: