Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Monday, July 24, 2006

Oh My Gosh!!!

School starts at 9am in the morning for me today. The very first lesson I had was HAP lab. Though I read a the title of the manual, I didn't know what would be handling. The lab instructor was there. After getting us to settle down, he told us what exactly we were going to do. URINE! Yes. We were learning about the kidney thus resulting in this stupid lab session. We were instructed on how to collect urine samples. There were 3 subject. One is a control, the other is to drink normal water while the third drinks saline(salt water). Apparently I was the one who have to drink saline. Those who are not control(but doing the other two - either normal water or saline) have to drink the amount of fluid according to their weight. 12ml per kg. I am like 62kg so I had to drink about 720ml of saline. At first I saw the lab manual and it stated the percentage of how much salt there will be. But lo and behold when I took my first sip, it was soo SALTY. After gulping down that amount of saline. I totally felt like puking. To add on to my nausea was the sight of so much urine everywhere. People holding cups of yellowish fluid. Too bad I don't have a camera or I would have uploaded a photo of this pandemic. It was so gross I totally lost my appetite. Actually, I was hoping it make me lose appetite as I am too poor to afford to buy food. lol. However, the whole day felt so weird. My back felt more pain than usual. The whole body felt so lethargic to do anything. I actually wonder whether it is safe for us to take so much salt into our body. Anyway, my research project is waiting for me to get it down. ngor hoi zou project!

No comments: