Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Azabu Sabo!

I didn't have time to write a post yesterday which is why I will be writing two posts. Well, yesterday was Saturday and I went shopping. However, I didn't buy must stuff. Only a t-shirt from ZARA. DAMN! Few weeks ago, I bought a shirt from ZARA at $39.90 and it now costs like $29.90. it's a whole 10 bucks difference. With 10 bucks, I can do a lot of things. Now that I am kinda cash strap, 10 bucks would mean a lot to me. With the increase of transportation fees, class funds and miscellaneous stuff, I am practically burning a hole in my pocket. Literally. Anyway, heck that. Though I am suppose to be broke, I went to have one of the most awesome lunches. I was actually thinking of going to Azabu Sabo at Marina Square for a looooooooong time. And yesterday my dream came true. As I step into the restaurant, my eyes were frantically staring at every corner of the shop. Not only is the ambiance perfect, so was the furniture. It's oriental yet modern and chic. The service there was...How should I put it...Well, at first they were polite after that, one of them wasn't really friendly but overall their service was quite ok. And lastly, the food I had was Sabo style ramen. It was simply delightable. Clear broth with its springy noodles and sliced chicken(I think) and other ingredients(gosh, my memory is poor.). It was simple yet tasty. After that, I had dessert. I was actually looking forward to dessert as I have stared from the outside of the shop looking at the plastic replicas of the dessert. It look simply scrumptious.

The picture here is the dessert I had - ice cream with milk and chocolate sauce. As you can see here, it is just shaved ice in a bowl with some milk. A drizzle of chocolate sauce. Followed by a swirl of vanilla ice-cream.

It was delicious but not worth the money as I can recreate it at home. However, I will give Azabu Sabo is 3.5 stars(out of 5).

Anyway, that is just about how I spend my day yesterday. Shopping and eating.

No comments: