Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Friday, February 29, 2008

Roses.

photo: courtesy of 'ter =D

Today: 29th February 2008
29th February. A date that occurs every 4 years. Reason being that the actual revolution around the sun is 365 and 1/4 days. But as we know it, each year consist of 365 days. So what happens to the remaining 1/4 days? It adds up to a day and placed in the month of February - 29th February.

29. This seemingly fascinating number bears its own uniqueness to me. Symbolically speaking, it suddenly meant more than it used to.

Today was the celebration of Allester's 19th birthday. Given unseen circumstances, we couldn't celebrate it on his actual day. But, all is forgiven =D. After dinner, the peeps (dannyboy, nicole, lisian, 'ter, robin, yixing) decided to go clubbing. I couldn't go. Maybe it was didn't wanna go since I have work in the morning. Sorry guys for being a party-pooper, hope you guys have fun anyway =D.

I walked to the bus stop, with several thoughts running in my mind. Less than a minute and bus 14 appeared. I guess it was a sign that I was just not meant for clubbing =D. Boarded the bus to my seat. Plugged in my music and my mind was left to wander

It was not long before I realised this journey meant more than it seem to. Emotions and memories began to wander back. The experience was exceptional. Through my 18 years, I had never felt something like that. It was seemingly pure, gentle, warm and comforting; Love

Back then, I guess I just accepted what was coming without pausing to savour the moments. But right now, it is just too late. The one thing that I was bestowed was the memories. For now, in them I shall reside.

I stared out of the window, taking in the what was happening outside. It suddenly felt weird to be alone. Thoughts of 2 people, hand-locked and almost inseparable appeared in my mind.
The air-conditioning positioned directly above me, releasing cold air. I felt my hair on my arms 'stand'.
Throughout the journey, I practically had about an hour worth of thoughts...soon, my bus stop came nearer in sight. But, I decided to alight before that. After alighting and much walking, it soon became clear that it was just not meant to be. No matter how much reminiscing or thoughts, nothing will change. It is or rather it was what it was and now it is what it is. Period.
P.S. I did/do and always will love you

No comments: