Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Peranakan Museum!

It was a Friday night. Decided that visiting museums should be considered as my FAVOURITE pastime. =D
Was with my besties - HY hui yi and KL (def. not a country) kim leng
Apologies to them: My boss had me waited slightly longer than I thought and the HUGE jam that occurred on Orchard Rd. Sounds like excuses huh?

Anyway, rushed down and we had a quick dinner before FRANTICALLY finding the place. The museum is located at 39 Armenian Street; it was a hidden alley. The museum closes at 9pm and we reached at 8pm. Didn't read much of the info, just LOADS of picture taking. I just I will have to visit there another time =D




He is PERANAKAN!







Sorry muslims!!! But it seems babi is part of the Peranakan culture


Babi...again










I took this pic, so nice right!?

HY, why you make me look so TAK-glam? it's okay, I forgive you =p














grp PICTURE!!!


The above and below picture are SO random! =X

Love this two pictures though. =)

That's all for today, have fun resting my fellow AFSN peeps and receive the Monday blues with open arms =X

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

just thought i'd say that i didn't quite get your apology to the muslims regarding peranakan culture and pork. the peranakans are not malays and neither have any of them been muslims. so no worries there i reckon. :)

they speak "malay" because the women, with whom chinese men married long ago were from the straits of malacca, indonesia and so on. It's confusing at times because people tend to assume there is a little bit of islam involved, especially when you look at the wedding gallery where there is a distinct display of male mannequins in baju kurung, kain songket and of course the songkok.

but all in all the peranakans are just a bunch of very interestingly mixed people. kudos to them and their colourful culture i say. hope you enjoyed the museum.

all best.

Winston Tan Yixin said...

HEY anonymous,
its me, wins =D just wanted to say thanks for the comment.
Actually, the apology was going out to my Muslim friends since I am posting a picture of something that is considered 'unholy' but thanks for the cultural update =D

wins =D

Anonymous said...

Hey Winston,

cool cool. name's terald by the way. my company handles the pr for the museum. and am myself chi-malay mixed but not peranakan ha.

take care.
all best.

Winston Tan Yixin said...

Hey Terald!

OMGawd! your company handles the PR for the museum? that is way cool. *feels honoured that my blog is read by you* =D oh, if you have any updates of museum stuffs, must tell me. love to go soak in cultural histories as shopping is getting rather boring =D

cheers =p