Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Qing Ming

I know, the date of this post says Sunday, but right now, it is actually Monday. Reason being: My damn internet. But apparently, it was due to the horrendous connection of Singtel. Or so my daddy says. Anyway, today was my last day at Cold Storage. Kinda glad yet sad. Glad I don't have to work. Sad due the sudden pause in the flow of $$$. =p

Anyway, today happens to be Qing Ming 清明节. The occasion where we pay our due respects to our deceased ancestors. Mine was my paternal grandfather. Well, I prefer to call him my granddaddy. He passed away before I could speak much. And if my memory is correct, I remember that during the rites of his funeral, I was dress in some Taoism outfit. I was just a little boy back then. *sighs*

A snap shot of the burning joss sticks

Oh well, the past shall remain where it it. But on a happier note, I woke up early and went to pay my respects. Glad that I did anyway =D.

My grams (his wife, duh!) cooked chicken, roast pork, steamed some paos and made rice balls. So as she was laying the offerings, I was helping to follow the incense paper. And I suddenly wondered: How many people know how to follow this?
That is when I thought to give a tutorial on how to fold this paper gold ingot. =D

Step 1: Fold a triangle on the left side and the same triangle on the right side but in the opposite direction.

Step 2: Next, turn the paper down (with the 2 open triangles facing down), fold the paper in half so that it becomes like the picture below.

Step 3: Fold one of the 2 triangles you see in the picture in half, and tuck in between the 'opening'. see below

Step 4: Fold up the 'opening'.

Step 5: Fold the other triangle in half and...

Step 6: ...tuck it in.

Step 7: At the base, open the bottom so it looks like this...

...and this. The complete paper gold ingot. =D

I think I made at least 30 of them and then my grams said it's okay, just burn the paper like that. Oh well, I hope my granddaddy knows my sincerity in folding them =).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is some nonsense email I got. This is about "Mistakes"Enjoy =D

If a barber makes a mistake, It's a
5ade06.gif

If a driver makes a mistake, It is a
New path

If a engineer makes a mistake, It is a
5ade15.gif

If parents makes a mistake, It is a
5ade25.gif

If a politician makes a mistake, It is a
5ade35.gif

If a scientist makes a mistake, It is a

5ade44.gif

If a tailor makes a mistake, It is a

5ade54.gif

If a teacher makes a mistake, It is a

5ade63.gif

If our boss makes a mistake, It is
a
New idea


If an employee makes a mistake, It is a

"Mistake"

5ade73.gifSTRESS!!!

No comments: