Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Friday, October 26, 2007


It started with a primary one class photo. Thinking back, life was a breeze.
It seems like yesterday that I was still a little boy. Always thinking that there is a long way before entering primary school; graduated from nursery to kindergarden. Knew everyone there regardless of age. Many beautiful memories though ironically I cannot remember many of them(memories and friends).

My 6th birthday came and before my 7th birthday, I entered primary school. Got to know many people. 6 years. I thought it was a long time. The years passed quickly. Soon, PSLE was here. The results were out and I didn't do well. Ended up seperated from my friends. Most went to the affliated secondary school while I went to a neighbourhood school. It was my last choice.

Unfamiliar faces surrounded me as I sat in the hall. I tried not sinking into lonelines. It wasn't long before new friends were made. However, I had no interest in studies. Practically scrapping through every subject. The final year examinations came and I did horribly. I was seperated from my friends and went to a different class. Depression overwhelm me. Thought to myself: If I study harder, I might be in the same class as my friends the next year. Studied like crazy and I did enter the class with my friends. That year, I changed. A lot. It was what I would say the most crucial periods of my life.

I had always been shy and bullied. However, after meeting her, my life turned around. I became out-spoken, fear-less(not in every aspect like lizards. ill), love making friends, my style changed, try to know more stuff and so on. However, at that age was also one of those years where you seek recognition and acceptance from friends. Thinking that I was intelligent at that age is like thinking I am perfect when I am human. But I eventually faced reality and humbled myself. Life appears full of meaning when I met that person. All of those why-questions were eventually solved.

She was wonderful in almost every aspect. Intelligent, charismatic, lovely, eloquent, charming, beautiful, friendly and the list goes on. What's not to like about her? I had so many opportunities to tell her. But I was just afraid. Then, it was the very last time I would be seeing her. I handed her her present (it was near her birthday) plus a letter. That was the last time I saw her.

Oh well, from then on, I had a refreshing start. It was the turning point. So graduated from Secondary school and moved on to my tertiary education.

Anyway, I shall not dwell too much on the past. Living life to the fullest.

I would end this post with a quote I got from one of my lectures:
To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the true meaning of knowledge.
By Confucius.

No comments: