Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Saturday, September 16, 2006

sawadeekrup!

Oh hello again people! I am baaack!! I had dinner at Thai Express. It's not a very posh restaurant but the food that is simply delicious and not too expensive.
First up, popiah was served. We ordered the one with prawns. Gosh was the prawn succulent. Anyway, I took one mouthful of it and then I realized that I forgot to take a picture but it was too late as the food was disfigured. But luckily I remembered to take the rest of the stuff we ordered. Here are the pictures that 'ter helped me to take. And before I forget, this is going out to 'ter - Thanks for being such a nice photographer for all the food we had!!

This is what I had - Shrimp paste fried rice. The rice grain was boiled to perfection. Wasn't too soft or too hard but just nice. The shrimp paste that was used wasn't too salty. However, the sauce that came with it was a little salty and I didn't really like it. But what I really loved are the two prawns that I found in the rice. It tasted fresh and succulent. The flesh was a little chewy and like what Taiwanese people would say QQ.

This is what 'ter had - Green chicken curry. It was really creamy. Nice aroma and a little spicier than the average green curry. Chicken was tender. Just the way I liked it. There were potatoes too. They weren't soft and mushy like how Indian curry potatoes are. They were firm yet soft enough. Overall, the green curry was rich and palatable.

Next, this will be the famous soup in Thai cuisine - Tom Yam Soup! Wow! Although you can't see many cut chilies but the soup is HOT! Spicy hot that is. The dory fish that they used tasted okay. Actually, since dory fish is sold frozen, there isn't must to describe it. The straw mushroom tasted fabulous. Okay, so maybe I love to eat straw mushroom. Haha. Overall, I would say this soup is delicious yet fiery.

The most mouth watering and famous dessert of Thai cuisine - Mango and Glutinous rice. The mango was savory yet not too sweet. But, the chef did not remove the skin and we had a hard time eating it. The rice was served hot and coconut milk drizzled on it. The coconut milk complements the sticky glutinous rice. It was a real treat. However, there wasn't much coconut milk. But, overall, it is still scrumptious!

After that fabulous meal, I thought it was over but we still needed a little something and we soon found ourselves in - Coffee Club.

I ordered a Triple Chocolate A La Mode

'ter had a Chocolate Enchantment. (The scoop of ice-cream is chocolate.)


This was the description on the menu that attracted my attention.
Triple Chocolate A La Mode - Velvety baked chocolate custard set in a chocolate pastry, topped with smooth chocolate ganache. A real chocolate treat all the way.
Chocolate Enchantment - A sticky, fudgey brownie with chunks of walnuts served with a scoop of ice-cream of your choice. A perfect indulgence just for the die-hard chocoholics!

It was really divine! Both were just as chocolaty that I had a hard time brushing my teeth when I got home. The taste of both of the dessert is so exquisite that I do not have the vocabulary for describing it. Just one word which I have said before - DIVINE!

Anyway, that will be all for today. Will be posting more on fabulous yet not so expensive cuisine and the pictures are brought to you by the fabulous 'ter!

No comments: