Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Lunar 牛(niu) Year =D

Wishing all Chinese a Happy Lunar (niu) Year! May this year give us the strength of an ox to go through all the hurdles.

Today is the 1st day of the Lunar New Year. Was at my paternal gram's place and realised, how old I am getting. I remembered the days when I was still in Primary school, the days when I was almost finishing Secondary school, and now, I am almost going to graduate with a diploma.

Anyway, hope I will pull through this year. =)










Inferiority complex. It seems as humans, our greed has really gotten to us. The more we have, the more we want. And the more we want (and get it after that), we want more. We stop at nothing (technically speaking. pun intended) to get MORE. However, does more actually benefit us? Does material and superficial goods actually brings joy to our life?

I was always in awe at those who are intelligent, rich (monetarily) and beautiful. With good PR, generosity, compassion, understanding and ever-so-helpfulness thrown in, who can resist?

Looking at those people makes me feel ill. Most of them have never 'tasted' poverty or washed the dishes or done any simple chore for that matter.

However, at the end of the day, we should just be thankful for whatever we have.

I am tired. I just want to enjoy and be happy. Is that too much to ask for? I guess it is.

No comments: