Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Monday, March 02, 2009

hush hush reality OR Harsh Harsh Reality?

Thinking aloud: Having a quarter-life crisis.

If we can live to 100 years and a mid-life crisis comes at about 40 something then I am very much entitled to a quarter-life crisis.

What ever became of the loud talking Winston? Perhaps slightly mellowed down (or I want to think it this way) or have I gone back to the Winston I used to be? 'Emo-ing' is an understatement.

What am I going to do with the rest of my life? What sort of purpose/aim do I have? Please do not drag religion in because it will just complicate matters.

Rather than going on about how miserable I am, perhaps I should look at the other angle where I can benefit from learning. It is all about the yin-yang theory; When there is light, there is darkness; when there is good, there is evil. One fills the other as neither can survive without the other.

Superficiality creeps and engulf me whole. I am surrounded by everything beautiful that I take a second look at myself. Still figuring how to draw the line between want and necessary.

Perhaps it is time to do the cliche: Runaway to a Third World country and try to live there for a while. With my lappie to update? Perhaps not.

No comments: