Enough with the cliches. Just plain 'ol Winston =).

Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 0 & 1: 24 hours of flying!

I was at Changi Airport using all the free internet and stuff. LOL. And finally, time to board.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's 12 midnight, Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time). The plane is about to lift off. Luck was definitely not on my side as I didn't get my window seat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
guess who?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supper was the first meal served. It was at about 2 am (Singapore Time). The menu:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Smoked salmon with pasta & vegetable salad [Appetizer]
I love the salmon =). Winston, the sashimi eater! Pasta? i can have it for lunch and dinner. YUMS! This is my kinda appetizer.

Roast Beef fillet served with mushroom sauce, roasted vegetables and gratinated potato [Main]
The roast beef was kinda tough to cut but it wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. I love the gratinated potato. But due to the cook-freeze process, the roasted vegetables (esp. eggplant) taste quite rubbery.

Cheese and Cracker [Cheese]
I don't really like the taste of that cheese.

Marble Cheese Cake [Dessert]
Too full to finish the cake =X

Roll & Butter [Bakery]

Coffee [Hot Beverage]

Bailey's Original Irish Cream (On the rocks!) [EXTRA!]

Photobucket
coffee and baileys =)

Photobucket
creamy baileys. =)))

The next light meal:

Photobucket

Savoury sandwich (Roast Beef)
Tasted like the beef I had for my supper.

Famous Amos cookies
YUMS! I kept it for my stop-over break!

It's about 6am, Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time) and I woke up. Apparently the alcohol and coffee is keeping me awake.

Nearing to Frankfurt at about 10am Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time), we had another meal before landing:

Photobucket
Daddy's meal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fruit Appetizer [Fruit]

Yoghurt [Light starter]

Vegetable Fritatta (egg) served with chicken sausage, tomato & hashbrown [Wholesome beginnings]

Assorted breakfast rolls & butter [Bakery]

Coffee [Hot beverage]

After boarding the next flight from Frankfurt to New York, breakfast was served:
(oops, I think I forgot to take OR I accidentally deleted them.)

Fruit Appetizer [Fruit]

Yoghurt [Light starter]

Poached eggs with hollandaise, bacon and hash brown potato [Wholesome beginnings]

Assorted breakfast rolls & butter [Bakery]

Coffee [Hot beverage]

The next meal before arrival at New York:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shrimp and pasta salad [Appetizer]

Stewed lamb in red wine sauce, roasted assorted vegetables and mashed potatoes [Main course]

Ice-cream [Dessert]

Roll & butter [Bakery]

Coffee [Hot beverage]

Throughout the trip, I tried sleeping but only for about 2-3 hours. Finally after 13 hours [1.45pm, Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time) ] we arrived at Frankfurt. I am so happy of Singapore's technology - wireless internet access, power points and even shops for transit passengers. But not for Germany. The stop over was about 2 & 1/2 hours. The flight from Frankfurt to New York was at about 3pm, Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time). The journey was about 7 hour 45 minutes. We arrived at New York roughly at 11pm, Saturday the 14th (Singapore Time); 11am, Saturday the 14th (N.Y.C. Time). Along the way, I tried to take pictures but the trip was kinda bumpy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, after about 45 minutes, we arrived at the Marriott Hotel. The time now is 2.54 am, Sunday the 15th (Singapore Time); 2.54pm, Saturday the 14th (N.Y.C. Time).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After some refreshing moments, we headed to this HUGE mall that sells clothing and other stuff at much affordable prices.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not many picture of this mall though. Was extremely tired after all that movement. Disappointment as their sizes are huge and they don't have the style I am looking for. Too bad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The day pretty much ended when we reached "home"; hotel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U ate so many meals on plane! Only 1day? How bout the oth days?